Friday 23 August 2013

Bus crash victim recalls being sandwiched between bodies

Bus crash survivor Tan Ming Shing was sandwiched between dead bodies for about half an hour before he was finally rescued from the wreckage.

“My only thought at the time was that I must stay alive no matter what happened. I was trapped. There were bodies on top and under me. Luckily, I still had a bit of room to breathe,” said the 26-year-old as he described the horrific experience.

Tan, who works at Genting as a kitchen staff, suffered a broken left arm during the accident and is now warded at Kuala Lumpur Hospital (HKL).

“When the bus plunged into the ravine, other passengers were screaming, crying or praying.

“I was sure I was going to die. I had been sitting at the back row of the bus but I was thrown right to the front. If not for the big trees there, the bus would have plunged down even further,” he said.

Meanwhile, the father of survivor Saedah Misbun, 19, was having a drink at a restaurant in their hometown in Tanjung Malim when his daughter called him.

“She called and she was crying. She said the bus had met with an accident and that she was in pain. I could hear people screaming in pain and people praying. And then, the line got cut off,” said Misbun Kastopodo, 43.

He had no choice but to wait as he did not know where Saedah was.

“A few hours later, a doctor called me and told me my daughter was at the hospital,” he said.

Saedah, who was thrown out of the bus during the incident, suffered fractures on the right side of her ribs, as well as injuries to her lungs, but otherwise in stable condition.

0 comments:

Post a Comment