Tuesday 14 August 2012

Fleeing robber dies

SUNGAI PETANI: An armed robber died after he and his accomplices robbed an orchard manager of RM20,000 in Taman Orkid, Sungai Layar, near here.

The 46-year-old suspect, identified as Lee Nam Seng, collapsed and fell from his motorcycle while fleeing the crime scene.

According to sources, the gang of four had tailed orchard manager Yeoh Ah Seng, 66, from a bank in Taman Pekan Baru to the housing area on two motorcycles.

Two of them then overtook Yeoh's motorcycle before they robbed him.

Yeoh said the robbery occurred at about 10.15am.

“They pointed a parang at me and forced me to stop my motorcycle. They then found the cash in my pocket. I managed to escape and ran to a nearby house to hide,” he said.

Yeoh said while in the house, he saw one of the suspects fall from his motorcycle.

“I saw his three accomplices trying to help him but to no avail. They then escaped towards Sungai Layar,” he added yesterday.

A resident, Barani Rao, 35, said he saw the suspect lying in the middle of the road and approached him.

“He was short of breath, and he asked me to call for an ambulance but he then lost consciousness. Several neighbours and I then reported the incident to the police,” he said.

Kuala Muda CID chief Deputy Supt Rickey Tey said Lee died at the scene.

He said police were waiting for the post-mortem report to confirm the cause of death.

Source : Click

0 comments:

Post a Comment